Criteria & Application
Angel investment is the right source of funding for only a small number of entrepreneurial businesses. Before applying to Cowtown Angels we suggest that you consider the following:
• Can you demonstrate that your company is likely to realize significant revenues and earnings in the next 3-7 years?
• Can you demonstrate that your company will produce a significant return for investors?
• Do you have an exit plan for the company that may mean you are not involved in the next 3-7 years?
• Are you willing to take the advice from investors and accept board of director decisions you may not always agree with?
• Are you willing to give up some amount of ownership and control of your company?
In general, the best time to seek angel funding is when:
• Your product is developed or near completion
• You have existing customers or potential customers who will confirm they will buy from you
• You have invested your own dollars and exhausted other alternatives, including friends and family
• You can demonstrate that the business is likely to grow rapidly
• Your business plan is in top shape